While every business should have a retirement plan, not every business should have the same plan. That's why we find out what you want your plan to do, then build in the features that match your objectives.
Our platform is about more than mutual funds
We don't have proprietary fund requirements. We have hundreds of retail funds from known and respected brands – no imitations or "clone" funds.
We also offer target maturity and lifestyle funds to help you provide you plan participants with a lineup of funds that allow them to assemble a portfolio adjusted to their personal risk and reward needs.
Solid legal protection
As a plan sponsor, you have legal obligations. We offer a comprehensive fiduciary program to help you understand how to protect yourself and your business. Our Nationwide Bill of Rights and Fiduciary Warranty provide you with the tools and support you need to keep your plan on track.
With the Nationwide Bill of Rights, you have these rights:
- Comprehensive fiduciary tools that help you make the right decisions about investments
- Broad fund selection
- Offer more choice to your employees, without increasing your fiduciary risk
- Simple, fast and easy help
Options for any investment style
Your employees may have different investment styles based on their knowledge and interest in investment management.
Your plan can offer something for everyone, including:
- Professionally managed accounts – You pick a registered representative to make investment decisions for your employees.1
- Designated funds – Participants work with an investment professional to pick funds from a variety of asset classes and fund menus.
- Nationwide Financial® Fund Window – Employees choose their own funds.2
- Self-directed brokerage account – Participants may invest in practically any publicly traded mutual fund or stock.
- Lifestyle/target maturity funds – Employees select an asset mix according to the level of risk and return appropriate for their current life situation.
Target Maturity Funds are designed to provide diversification and asset allocation across several types of investments and asset classes, primarily by investing in underlying funds. Therefore, in addition to the expenses of the Target Maturity Funds, an investor is indirectly paying a proportionate share of the applicable fees and expenses of the underlying funds.
Target Maturity Funds are designed for people who plan to retire during or near a specific year. These funds use a strategy that reallocates equity exposure to a higher percentage of fixed investments over time. As a result, the funds become more conservative over time as retirement approaches. It’s important to remember that no strategy can assure a profit or prevent a loss in a declining market.
RIA Managed Account Services is a separate financial processing service offered by Nationwide through its affiliate, RIA Services, Inc. that allows sponsors of plans funded with the Nationwide Group Retirement Series to make investment advisory services available to participants. The plan sponsor must determine whether this service is appropriate for participants and consistent with the terms of the plan and has exclusive responsibility for the selection of any investment advisory firm.
Nationwide takes no position as to either the advisability or the necessity of the use of registered investment advisors. Your Employer has selected the registered investment advisor providing this service to the plan and is solely responsible for the selection and monitoring of the registered investment advisor. This service is separate and apart from the actual sale of any Nationwide product which may be used to provide the plan’s underlying investments. The fee for this service is in addition to any asset fee or asset management charges associated with each individual investment option and any applicable recordkeeping fees.