Who Is Nationwide Supply Management Services?
Supply Management Services (SMS) acquires goods and services through a number of selected suppliers to create the best possible combination of quality, service and price to meet or exceed the needs of our associates and business units.
Our Strategic Sourcing group is divided into four areas:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Business Products and Services (BPS)
- Industry Specific (Claims, Underwriting)
- Travel Services and Operation
What do we expect from suppliers?
- Confidentiality – Nationwide and its suppliers sometimes share confidential information, usually in the form of written documentation. This information shall only be used to successfully complete work for Nationwide. A nondisclosure agreement (NDA) agreement must be executed. Third-party access to this information is unacceptable except upon prior written consent by Nationwide.
Communication – that is continuous, frequent, open, honest, clear and
- Recognition and respect of diversity. Learn more about supplier diversity at Nationwide.
- Ethics – As a foundation for trust and good-faith relationships, we hold ourselves accountable to high ethical standards (PDF)
What is the SMS supplier selection process?
To make sure we're working with the only the best, our selection process includes a review of:
- Supplier capabilities
- Supplier's ability to agree to Nationwide contractual documents
- Annual and/or financial reports
- D&B/Dunn & Bradstreet (or comparable) reports
- Customer and/or supplier references
- Industry publications
- Credit, criminal and civil court records
- Insurance information
- Judgments and other court actions
For Invoice/Payment issues and questions contact Customer Support Services at Nationwide’s Finance Shared Service Center at 1-866-780-3772 or by email at FSSCCSS@nationwide.com.
Hours of Operation are M, T, Th, F 7:30 am to 6:00 pm EST and W 9:30 am to 6:00 pm EST.
For Supplier Engagement inquiries contact Supply Management Services at Nationwide’s Supplier Line at 614-249-9767 or by email at SUPPLIER@nationwide.com.
Hours of Operation are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm EST.
Supply Management Services
Return to the Nationwide Supply Management Services homepage.