Nationwide Bank® is committed to ensuring the highest standard of security of your account and the information you provide to us. You also play a very important role in your account security.
Internet security best practices
Make sure you and your employees are safe online.
- Develop a security-awareness program for your employees that addresses risks specific to your business, and keep the program updated.
- Make sure your employees cannot override or circumvent your security software.
- Turn off and remove unneeded services on your computers.
- Block access to potentially malicious sites on the Internet using the security setting of your web browser.
- Employees should only have the access rights they require to complete their job responsibilities. Very few employees should require "Administrator access."
- Set and share your rules for proper Internet usage.
- Do not use public computers for business use.
Assess your risks
Another way to protect your business is to complete a risk assessment This includes:
- Your company's assets, such as laptops, modems, routers, firewalls, file servers, desktops and the sensitive information that passes between them
- Threats to these assets
- Controls protecting your assets
To help you through the process, contact a firm that specializes in completing these types of risk assessments, or take advantage of the many resources on the Internet.