With Nationwide's On Your Side® Glass Service program, your window or windshield service is completed at your home or office, usually within 24 hours. Same-day service may also be available.
Because we work closely with Safelite AutoGlass®, you can get fast and convenient repair service whenever and wherever you need it. Safelite will help arrange for windshield repair or replacement at the glass shop of your choice, at a location convenient to you. As always, the work is guaranteed if you use a shop in the Nationwide On Your Side Claims Service program.
Report a glass insurance claim
Before reporting a glass insurance claim, make sure you have the following information handy:
- Your policy number
- Vehicle year, make, model and body style
- Date of the incident
To submit an auto glass claim:
- Call 1-800-421-3535 and state “glass only.” Or file a claim online.
- Answer a few questions about the vehicle and your windshield insurance claim.
- Determine the date, time and place where you would like service performed.
- Make a note of your referral number.
Repair or replace?
A damaged windshield doesn’t always need to be replaced.
If your car’s windshield has minor damage, such as a chip or crack measuring less than 6 inches, it’s probably repairable. However, even that small crack can become a big crack over time. Always report your auto insurance claim as soon as possible.
There are many advantages to having your windshield repaired right away:
- Protect your vehicle – Your windshield repair helps maintain the structural integrity of the vehicle.
- Save money – If you carry comprehensive auto insurance coverage, Nationwide will waive your deductible for windshield repairs.
- Enjoy quality service – If your windshield cracks or you are not satisfied with the repair, Safelite will credit the cost of the repair to Nationwide so you can get a replacement. (Your deductible would apply.)