Optional riders offer additional coverage and protection potential on selected annuities and may have an additional charge. Riders may not be available in all states. Guarantees and riders are subject to the claims paying ability of the issuing company.
Optional Riders Available with Variable Annuities
The Nationwide Lifetime Income Track rider
One little guarantee may make a big difference. Help make your retirement income last with the Nationwide Destination Architect 2.0 variable annuity featuring the Nationwide Lifetime Income Track rider. This optional living benefit is available at an additional cost and must be elected at the time the contract is issued.
When added to the Nationwide Destination Architect 2.0 variable annuity, Lifetime Income Track is designed to deliver:
- An annual step-up feature on your income benefit base
- Excess, early and Non-Lifetime Withdrawals may reduce or terminate the income benefit base; certain restrictions and limitations may apply
- An option for continuation of income for your spouse, available at an additional cost
- A Non-Lifetime Withdrawal feature (this option can only be exercised once, is not available in the first rider year and is available when the determining life reaches 59½)
- A withdrawal table based on both the annuitant age and rider duration
- Investment options with a maximum equity exposure of 70% (up to 80% via managed volatility investment options) and a minimum equity exposure of 40%
- Investment options that allow you to customize your portfolio1
 Only certain investment options are available to contracts with Nationwide Lifetime Income TrackSM
Death Benefit Riders
Variable annuity death benefits give you the opportunity to pass your assets along to your beneficiaries while avoiding the time-consuming and costly probate process.
Most Nationwide variable annuities provide a standard death benefit. Some annuities offer optional death benefits, available for an additional cost, that give you the opportunity to capture and lock in investment gains for your beneficiaries.
For more information about available death benefit options, please see our Death Benefits Brochure or refer to the product prospectus.