Optional riders offer additional coverage and protection potential on selected annuities and may have an additional charge. Riders may not be available in all states. Guarantees and riders are subject to the claims paying ability of the issuing company.
Riders and Programs for Annuities
The Nationwide Lifetime Income TrackSM rider
One little guarantee may make a big difference. Help make your retirement income last with the Nationwide Destination Architect 2.0 variable annuity featuring the Nationwide Lifetime Income TrackSM rider. This optional living benefit is available at an additional cost and must be elected at the time the contract is issued.
When added to the Nationwide Destination Architect 2.0 variable annuity, Lifetime Income TrackSM is designed to deliver:
- An annual step-up feature on your income benefit base
- Excess, early and Non-Lifetime Withdrawals may reduce or terminate the income benefit base; certain restrictions and limitations may apply
- An option for continuation of income for your spouse, available at an additional cost
- A Non-Lifetime Withdrawal feature (this option can only be exercised once, is not available in the first rider year and is available when the determining life reaches 59½)
- A withdrawal table based on both the annuitant age and rider duration
- Investment options with a maximum equity exposure of 70% (up to 80% via managed volatility investment options) and a minimum equity exposure of 40%
- Investment options that allow you to customize your portfolio1
 Only certain investment options are available to contracts with Nationwide Lifetime Income TrackSM
One-year Enhanced Death Benefit
This death benefit may be available for an additional cost with some Nationwide variable annuities.
If the annuitant dies, the beneficiary will receive the greater of:
- The value of the annuity at the time we receive all required paperwork in good order
- The total purchase payments made to the annuity, less adjustments or amounts surrendered
- The highest contract value on any contract anniversary prior to the annuitant’s 86th birthday (with some variable annuities it’s prior to the annuitant’s 80th birthday), less any subsequent amount surrendered
By locking the death benefit in at the highest annual contract anniversary, you may be able to increase the value of the variable annuity for your beneficiaries, even if the market and the contract value are down.
The annuitant age limits and costs vary depending on the contract. Please see the prospectus for details.