Here are some tips to follow when behind the wheel:
- Don't allow children to fight or climb around in your car (they should be buckled in their seats at all times). One accidental bump or too much noise can easily distract you from concentrating on driving safely.
- Cell phones can also take your focus away from the task at hand: arriving safely at your destination. Learn more in the Nationwide Blog about the under-reporting of cell phone involvement in fatal car crashes.
- Avoid driving when you're tired. Be aware that some medications can cause drowsiness and make operating a vehicle very dangerous.
- Always use caution when changing lanes. Cutting in front of someone, changing lanes too fast or not using your signals may cause an accident or upset other drivers.
- Take extra precautions while driving during deer season.