Farm homeowners is usually (but not always) packaged with your farm insurance. Check with your farm insurance agent to be sure your home is covered.
What farm home insurance protects
Generally, your farm homeowners insurance covers:
- Your home and tenant dwellings, if applicable
- The contents of your home and your personal property
- Detached garages and other structures, including in-ground pools, outdoor radio or TV antennas and satellite dishes
- Buildings and outdoor equipment you use to maintain the buildings, grounds or attached structures
- Farm home systems and equipment (like kitchen and laundry appliances, home entertainment equipment, computers and wireless devices, portable generators, sump pumps and more
Protect the items in your second home
Farm homeowners insurance typically has limits that apply for the contents (personal property) at a secondary residence, like a vacation home or a dorm room.
Generally, 10% of your household personal property limit extends to the contents at a secondary residence. Review your coverage limits with your agent to be sure they meet your needs.