A significant part of the protection provided by your farm property insurance is for the home in which you and your family live as well as its contents. Your policy provides coverage for:
- The structure itself
- Contents, such as furniture, appliances and personal property
- Garages, gazebos and swimming pools
- Liabilities from injuries to house guests
Our AgriChoice® policy provides an automatic construction cost feature that adjusts values to current building costs in your area.
Be sure to talk to your agent about:
- Insuring your farm house for replacement cost or actual cash value.
- The cause of loss (basic, broad or special) you want to insure for.
- How much deductible you should carry. A higher deductible may lower your premium, but you would have to pay more in the event of a loss.
- The current value of your farm house.