Nationwide Trio Select+SM is an individual flexible purchase payment, deferred fixed annuity.
Nationwide Trio Select+ is for clients who want to know their money will experience an interest rate guarantee for a selected period of 1, 3, or 5 years.
- Ability to create a stream of income for life or a specified time period through annuitization
- Interest is credited for the selected term of 1, 3, or 5 years; renewal rates are credited annually after the selected term ends
- Potential tax-deferred growth
Product literature/support materials
- Maximum issue age: There is no maximum issue age for contract owner; the maximum annuitant issue age is 90
- Plan types: Nonqualified, IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA
- Minimum initial investment: $5,000 for nonqualified; $3,000 for IRAs
- Subpays minimum $500 into each guarantee period chosen
- Contingent Deferred Sales Charge (CDSC) based on premium:
- 5 year declining charge
- Additional interest rates*:
- Purchase payment $25,000-$99,999: additional 0.15%
- Purchase payment $100,000-$499,999: additional 0.25%
- Purchase payment $500,000+: additional 0.35%
- The Contract is reviewed each contract anniversary. If value is equal to or greater than $100K, $250K, or $1M amount, client will receive the corresponding Jumbo Rate.
* Note: The contract's first year's rate will be determined by the initial deposit. Additional deposits, (only allowed during the first contract year), even if these deposits raise the contract's value above the next bench mark level, ($100K, $250K, or $1M), will not change the first years interest rate. The contract will be re-evaluated on the Contract's anniversary to see if the contract qualifies to either start receiving a bonus rate or receive a higher bonus interest rate.
- CDSC free withdrawals:
- 10% of premium subject to CDSC, non-cumulative, minimum $100
- Nursing home, terminal illness and long-term care (may not be available in all states)
- Contract annuitized 2 years (1 year in FL and NY), IRA required minimum distribution
For more information or to make a case, contact the Nationwide Sales Desk at 1-800-321-6064.