Nationwide YourLife Protection Variable Universal Life (VUL) protects your client’s family with a flexible death benefit guarantee and provides upside market potential your clients can use later on.
Nationwide YourLife Protection VUL may be a good option for people between the ages of 30 and 50 who are looking for a guaranteed death benefit and upside market potential. Guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company, and do not apply to the investment performance or safety of the underlying investment options.
- Competitive premiums on a policy with accumulation potential and living benefits
- Customizable and flexible death benefit guarantee protection with the Extended Death Benefit Guarantee rider, available for an additional charge
- Advance payment premium offers a great discount on the cumulative premium requirement for those wanting to pay up the Extended Death Benefit Guarantee rider in 10 years or less
- Nationally known investment managers
We offer a wide variety of investment options across a broad spectrum of asset classes and styles, including multiple asset allocation funds.
Product literature/support materials
Minimum specified amount: $100,000
Surrender charge period: 14 years for ages 0 − 49 and 12 years for ages 50+.
- Premium charges (including sales charges):
- Monthly administrative charge: currently $20 in year 1 and $5 in years 2+ (in NY, $9 all years); guaranteed not to exceed $20 in year 1 and $10 in years 2+ (in NY, $9 all years)
- Monthly per thousand charge: Duration of charge is seven years for issue ages 0 − 39 and five years for issue ages 40+
- Current: $0.15 − $0.20 (based on issue age) on first $250,000 of base specified amount plus $0.05 on excess
- Guaranteed: $0.20 on first $250,000 of base specified amount plus $0.10 on excess
- In New York, current: $0.08 − $0.20 (based on issue age) on first $250,000 of base specified amount, plus $0.05 − $0.08 on excess (based on issue age)
- In New York, guaranteed: $0.08 − $0.20 (based on issue age) on first $250,000 of base specified amount, plus $0.08 − $0.10 on excess (based on issue age)
- Monthly cost of insurance: Varies by age, sex, duration, total specified amount, smoking status and rating
- Mortality and expense charge:
- Years 1 − 15: 0.80% up to $250,000 of cash value, 0.30% above $250,000 of cash value
- Years 16+: 0.30% up to $250,000 of cash value, 0.20% above $250,000 of cash value
- Years 1 − 15: 0.80% of cash value
- Years 16+: 0.30% of cash value
For more information or to make a case, contact your Nationwide wholesaler at 1-800-321-6064.
Nationwide YourLife is a service mark of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.