In 2001, Nationwide® designed the first variable annuity built specifically to help clients diversify their portfolio, by including alternative asset classes and strategies.1 With America’s marketFLEX® variable annuity series, we’ve simplified portfolio diversification by providing access to traditional investments, non-traditional asset classes and alternative strategies, as well as diversified asset allocation options. The use of diversification and asset allocation as part of an overall investment strategy does not assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market.
Why America’s marketFLEX® variable annuity series?
The America’s marketFLEX variable annuity products are tax-deferred, long-term growth products that provide the potential for wealth accumulation. They offer alternative and traditional underlying investment options to help clients work toward their retirement goals, while helping manage risk within their portfolio. Our investment lineup offers your clients access to a wide variety of investment solutions, from individual sector and strategy funds, to actively managed, pre-packaged portfolio solutions. You can help clients build a portfolio that fits their needs while leveraging the experience of some of the world’s leading money managers.
You should also know that annuities contain guarantees and protections that are subject to the issuing insurance company’s ability to pay for them. These guarantees don’t apply to the performance of the underlying investment options, which are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of your principal. Earnings are taxable as ordinary income when distributed and may be subject to a 10% federal tax penalty if withdrawn before age 59½.
Nationwide offers three products within the America's marketFLEX series:
- America's marketFLEX II: Commission-based version with over 140 investment options, including 47 Alternative Strategies and Non-Traditional Asset Class subaccounts, as well as a broad selection of high-quality traditional investments.
- America's marketFLEX Edge: Commission-based version with over 160 investment options, including 72 Alternative Strategies and Non-Traditional Asset Class subaccounts, as well as a broad selection of high-quality traditional investments.
- America's marketFLEX Advisor: Fee-based version with over 160 investment options, including 72 Alternative Strategies and Non-Traditional Asset Class subaccounts, as well as a broad selection of high-quality traditional investments.
Key Features of the America's marketFLEX Series of Variable Annuities
- Tax advantages: Tax advantages uniquely possible within a variable annuity, including potential tax-deferred accumulation of asset classes and strategies that are typically tax-inefficient outside of a VA and the freedom to move your clients’ money without tax consequences.
- Death Benefits: Enhanced death benefit options to protect beneficiaries from market losses, and potentially lock-in market gains. In addition to standard return of contract value, the owner can choose, for an additional cost, from two optional enhanced death benefits, which include spousal protection for no additional cost*:
- Highest Anniversary2
- Return of Premium
- Investment Flexibility: Wide selection of high quality investments to build a diversified portfolio, whether you build and actively manage portfolios for your clients, or prefer pre-packaged solutions managed by leading asset managers.