The most wonderful time of the year is also the busiest. If you want to get a thoughtful gift but are running out of time, try one of these unique last-minute shopping ideas.
- Head to the nearest gift shop. If you live near an art museum, science museum or zoo, check out the gift shop for something a little different.
- Go back to school. Shops near a local college often have offbeat, interesting gifts for students along with logo-ware for your favorite alum.
- Think rural. Drive through the country for handmade soaps, candles and regional treats. Save time by searching the web for store reviews, hours and directions.
- Create a digital play list. Buy a USB flash drive, then load it with songs your classic rock-loving nephew needs to add to his collection.
- Get crafty. Knitting, sewing and other handicrafts have seen a recent resurgence in popularity. That makes it easy for you to find colorful socks, extra cute baby clothes and funky T-shirts at craft stores.
- Buy local. Support area entrepreneurs – and give a unique gift – by purchasing artwork, spirits or even baklava from the hometown experts.
- Get physical. A yoga mat and a gift certificate to a nearby yoga studio is a great holiday present for the athlete in the family.
- Try something completely different. Your friends are never too old to learn something new. Give a certificate for dance lessons, horseback riding, rock climbing or sushi-making.
- Put it in a basket. Create a theme – like car wash, spa night or barbecue bash – and fill a container with everything the recipient needs to do the job right.
- Give year-round. A magazine subscription will make sure your friend thinks of you when each issue arrives. Wrap a current copy with a note stating more are on the way.
Be sure to use your Nationwide Bank® Visa® credit card for all your holiday shopping – and enjoy all the rewards and benefits you've come to expect.
Don't have a Nationwide Bank Visa? Call 1-866-439-3206 to apply today.