Nationwide Financial enhances advisor support with newest additions to its sales team
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 13, 2011
Chad Green (614) 677-1679
Jeff Whetzel (614) 249-6354
Columbus, OH — Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. today announced that it has hired five new wholesalers to support advisors in the life insurance, annuities and retirement plans businesses.
“When we search for new talent, we look for individuals that understand and share our mission to put our customers first,” said John Carter, president of Nationwide Financial Distributors, Inc. “We’re confident that the newest members of our sales team meet that criteria and will help us deliver financial solutions built around the needs of advisors to help their clients prepare for and live in retirement.”
The new members of the sales team are:
• Doug Allen, who will serve as regional vice president for the Louisiana and Mississippi territory supporting private-sector retirement plan sales. Allen joins Nationwide from Genworth, where he worked as a regional vice president in the New Orleans area.
• Bob Eviston, CFP, CLU, FLMI, who will serve as the regional vice president for the New Mexico and Arizona territory supporting private-sector retirement plan sales. For the last eight years in California, Eviston worked as a program director at Nationwide leading a team of seven licensed retirement specialists serving the State of California 457 & 401(k) deferred compensation program for Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
• Tim Stephens AIF, who will serve as the regional sales director for the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Kansas territory. In this role, Stephens will work with Nationwide’s regional vice presidents to assist producers in providing bundled retirement plan services to plan sponsors.
• Christine Travis, who will serve as a regional life consultant in the Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Southern New Jersey territory. Travis joins Nationwide from Smith Insurance Services in Columbus, Ohio where she worked as an Investment Advisory Representative.
• Jennifer M. Turkos, FLMI, who will serve as the regional vice president for the Eastern Pennsylvania territory supporting annuity sales in the independent broker/dealer channel. Turkos joins Nationwide from ING, where she worked as a regional vice president.
Nationwide Mutual, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by A.M. Best. 1 The company provides a full range of personalized insurance and financial services, including auto insurance, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance, administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and health and productivity services. For more information, visit www.nationwide.com.
1 A.M. Best, affirmed 3/16/11
Neither Nationwide Financial, nor any of its affiliates, are affiliated with ING, Smith Insurance Services or Genworth, or any of their affiliates.
John Carter is a registered representative of Nationwide Investment
Services Corporation, member FINRA. In MI only: Nationwide Investment
Nationwide Investment Services Corporation, member FINRA. In MI only: Nationwide Investment Svcs. Corporation.
Life insurance is issued by Nationwide Life Insurance Company or Nationwide Life and Annuity Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio.
Nationwide, Nationwide Financial, the Nationwide framemark, Nationwide YourLife and On Your Side are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.