Nationwide unveils State-of-the-Art, Green Building in San Antonio
Company announces upcoming job fair: grants to four local charities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 28, 2012
Nancy Smeltzer (614) 249-4491
San Antonio, TX — Nationwide Insurance unveiled a new state-of-the-art, green building in Westover Hills yesterday during a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives Joe Straus, Councilman Ray Lopez and City Manager Sheryl Sculley. The facility is home to nearly 1,500 Nationwide associates today, and will be able to house 2,000 total employees, for which the company is currently hiring.
“I am excited to see the Nationwide Campus project come to fruition after attending the groundbreaking ceremony last year. This state of the art campus is a great addition to our community, both environmentally, as a LEED Certified building, and economically, retaining existing jobs and adding even more jobs to the area,” said Mayor Julián Castro.
The company also announced grants from the Nationwide Insurance Foundation totaling $92,500 to four local charities, including San Antonio Foodbank, San Antonio Chapter of the American Red Cross, Hispanic Religious Partnership for Community Health and SAMMinistries.
The 280,000 square foot San Antonio campus, located near the
intersection of Hyatt Resort Drive and SR 151, features:
• Industry leading safety standards. The San Antonio campus is the first commercial building in the country to qualify as FORTIFIED™ by the Institute for Business & Home Safety, meaning it exceeds code to withstand natural hazards such as hurricanes, wildfires, and windstorms.
• Industry leading “green” standards. The U.S. Green Building Council certifies the building for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED ™). This classification covers water and electricity usage, waste management, tree preservation, the use of natural light and ergonomic design of interior spaces.
• A high tech café, which provides a variety of fast and casual restaurant options. Associates can also order food from their smartphone or touch screen to avoid waiting in line. A status screen alerts them when their food is ready.
• Onsite health services, fitness center, outdoor sports court and landscaped courtyards with walking paths.
• Flexible sit to stand workstations.
The company continues to hire new employees. The new facility will host a "Come Get to Know Us" Job Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 3 to recruit employees for a variety of positions, including customer service representatives and agents. Nationwide is also recruiting bilingual associates to enhance its ability to provide service for its growing Spanish-speaking customer base. Qualified job applicants should visit the careers page of nationwide.com for more information.
About the Nationwide Insurance Foundation
The Nationwide Insurance Foundation is an independent corporation funded by contributions from Nationwide companies including Nationwide Insurance and Nationwide Financial. Founded in 1959, the Nationwide Insurance Foundation has committed more than $290 million since 2000 to help nonprofit organizations in communities where Nationwide associates and their families live and work. Just as Nationwide supports its customers in their moment of need, the company’s involvement in its home communities is focused on supporting organizations that help people facing critical or immediate need.
Nationwide, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by A.M. Best. The company provides a full range of personalized insurance and financial services, including car insurance, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance, administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and health and productivity services. For more information, visit www.nationwide.com.
Nationwide, the Nationwide Framemark and On Your Side are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.