Nationwide Financial enhances 401(k) participant education with five new field service representatives
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 10, 2010
Chad Green (614) 677-1679
Jeff Whetzel (614) 249-6354
Columbus, OH — Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. today announced that it has hired five new Field Service Representatives (FSRs) for its private sector retirement plans sales force. These FSRs will meet with employees to educate them about their employer’s 401(k) plan, guide them through the enrollment process, and provide continued support to help employees make the most of their plan and increase overall participation.
“In today’s economic environment, it’s more important than ever for workers to take full advantage of their 401(k) plan,” said John Carter, president of Nationwide Financial Distributors, Inc. “In addition to helping encourage participation in the plan, FSR’s also play an important role in strengthening Nationwide’s relationships with advisors, third party administrators and plan sponsors by facilitating Quarterly Check-ups and Annual Plan Reviews.”
The new field service representatives are:
• Jamie Andersen, who will serve the Nebraska/Iowa and Minnesota territory. Anderson joins Nationwide from The Orizon Group, where she most recently served as a wealth advisor.
• Pete Cressor, who will serve the Ohio and Western Pennsylvania region. Cressor’s previous role at Nationwide was internal wholesaler for Nationwide’s private sector retirement plans business.
• Darin Hall, who will serve the Kansas, Oklahoma/Arkansas and Louisiana territory. Hall previously worked for Nationwide’s public sector retirement plans business as a retirement specialist for the state of Oklahoma.
• Cindy Hanke, who will serve the Virginia, Maryland and DC territory. Hanke joins Nationwide from SunTrust Investment Services, where she worked as an investment associate.
• Ron Salvemini, who will serve the Northern California and Northern Nevada territory. Salvemini previously worked for Nationwide’s public sector retirement plans business as a retirement specialist for the Northern California region.
These new field service representatives will report to Jessica Neal, field service manager for retirement plan sales.
Nationwide, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance
and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by A.M. Best. 1 The company provides a full range of personalized insurance and financial services, including auto insurance, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance, administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and health and productivity services. For more information, visit www.nationwide.com.
Nationwide, Nationwide Financial, the Nationwide Framemark, RetireSense and On Your Side are registered service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
1 A.M. Best, affirmed 3/25/10