Allied Insurance initiates tornado response in Colorado
Des Moines, Iowa — Allied Insurance claim representatives have been on location since Thursday, May 22, 2008 in response to the recent tornadoes that have affected parts of Northern Colorado. Policyholders with storm damage should call the Allied claims hotline at 1-800-282-1446.
Allied Insurance has a claims drive-in center set up at the Renaissance Insurance Group office located at 631 Birch St. in Windsor.
Procedures are in place to provide quick response to customer needs. Individuals affected by the tornados can take steps to protect property from further damage:
• Make sure the electric source adjacent to the damaged area is
• If water is flowing to the home, shut off the water supply.
• Inventory and dispose of any perishable items.
• Separate content items, such as upholstery, fabrics or other colored items to prevent color bleeding. Blot or wipe wood furniture to remove excess moisture.
• Prevent the growth of bacteria and mildew. Immediately inventory and place all moist content materials in a dry location.
• Retain damaged items to allow for proper evaluation.
Allied Insurance is a property and casualty insurer established in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1929. Allied operates in 33 states through a network of independent agents with regional offices in Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA; Lincoln, NE; Gainesville, FL and Sacramento, CA. Allied has been a member of the Nationwide family of companies since 1998, and is responsible for the Nationwide’s independent agency system. Nationwide, based in Columbus, Ohio, is a Fortune 500 company and one of the country’s largest multi-line insurers and financial services organizations. Information is available at www.alliedinsurance.com.
Nationwide, the Nationwide framemark, and On Your Side are
federally registered service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance