Allied Insurance initiates tornado response in Iowa
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 27, 2008
Liz Christopher 614-249-7705
Mike Palmer 515-508-4253
Media Relations Hotline
Des Moines, Iowa — Allied Insurance claim representatives are assisting customers in Iowa in response to recent windstorms, hail, and tornados that caused damage in the state. Policyholders with storm damage should call the Allied claims hotline at 1-800-282-1446.
Procedures are in place to provide quick response to customer needs. Individuals affected by the storms can take steps to protect property from further damage:
• Make sure the electric source adjacent to the damaged
area is disconnected.
• If water is flowing to the home, shut off the water supply.
• Inventory and dispose of any perishable items.
• Separate content items, such as upholstery, fabrics or other colored items to prevent color bleeding. Blot or wipe wood furniture to remove excess moisture.
• Prevent the growth of bacteria and mildew. Immediately inventory and place all moist content materials in a dry location.
• Retain damaged items to allow for proper evaluation.
Allied Insurance is a property and casualty insurer established in Des
Moines, Iowa, in 1929. Allied operates in 33 states through a network of
independent agents with regional offices in Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA;
Lincoln, NE; Gainesville, FL and Sacramento, CA. Allied has been a member
of the Nationwide family of companies since 1998, and is responsible for
the Nationwide’s independent agency system. Nationwide, based in
Columbus, Ohio, is a Fortune 500 company and one of the country’s largest
multi-line insurers and financial services organizations. Information is
available at www.alliedinsurance.com.
Nationwide, the Nationwide framemark, and On Your Side are federally registered service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.