Avoid RV snags and slowdowns with road trip tips from Nationwide and Camping World
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 22, 2007
Kathryn Hampton 614-677-2296
Liz Christopher 614-249-7705
Columbus, Ohio– Labor Day weekend is a busy travel time for recreational vehicle owners. Simple tips from Nationwide Insurance ensure RVers can enjoy the open road without the hassle of trip interruptions.
“Don’t become a statistic,” says Terry Fortner, Nationwide Associate Vice President of Claims. “A few preventive measures can go a long way to protect you from trouble during your travels.”
Nationwide and Camping World, America’s largest retailer of RV supplies, outdoor accessories and RV sales, have identified the five most common RV repairs made in Camping World’s collision centers: repairs for collision accidents, roof and ceiling damage, passenger side damage, tire blowout damage and vandalism.
To avoid these common repairs, Nationwide and Camping World offer these five tips to RV owners looking to enjoy problem-free travels:
• Take a professional RV driving course. Offered throughout the country, driving courses can educate you on accident avoidance techniques. Not only do courses provide high benefit for little cost, some insurers offer discounts for course completion.
• Know your vehicle’s height. Many first-time RVers underestimate the height of their vehicle, resulting in collisions with bridges and overhangs. Check your RV manufacturer’s manual for your vehicle’s height and post the number where it is visible from the driver’s seat.
• Be aware of tight turns. Pay attention to long rear overhangs and take wide turns to avoid passenger side damage and costly repair bills.
• Check your tires. A tire blowout can cause damage to holding tanks, wheel wells, plumbing and the RV’s body. Before each trip, check for proper tire inflation on inner and outer tires.
• Thwart thieves. Park in a well-lit and secure area. Thieves looking for a quick grab are likely to move on to an easier, less risky target.
Even the most cautious enthusiasts can sometimes be faced with RV claims. To provide a worry and hassle-free claims experience to policyholders, Nationwide recently extended its successful Blue Ribbon Repair Service program to recreational vehicles though Camping World. Together, Nationwide and Camping World will provide RVers with a worry and hassle-free claims process, backed up by a written guarantee on all repairs for as long as a policyholder owns or leases their vehicle.
To learn more about RV insurance, Nationwide’s Blue Ribbon Repair Service program or to find an agent, visit www.nationwide.com.
About Camping World
Founded in 1966, Camping World Inc., is America’s largest direct marketer and specialty retailer of RV and outdoor camping accessories and services. Over 8,000 quality products are available through nationwide SuperCenters, a well-established catalog call center and an award-winning Web site. The company has grown from a single store in Bowling Green, KY to more than 75 SuperCenters with more than 500 service bays, in 25 states and plans to reach the 100 mark by 2008. For more information, visit www.campingworld.com.
Nationwide, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the world, with more than $160 billion in assets. Nationwide ranks #104 on the Fortune 500 list. The company provides a full range of insurance and financial services, including auto, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, life, commercial insurance, administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and health and productivity services. For more information, visit www.nationwide.com.
Nationwide, the Nationwide Framemark and On Your Side are federally registered service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
Investments Retirement Insurance nationwide.com One Nationwide Plaza Columbus, OH 43215-2220