- Find out how to choose an investment professional
- Locate an investment professional near you
- Find out about your investment professional's specialized education
- Learn how investment professionals are paid
Interviewing an Investment Professional
Before selecting an investment professional, it’s a good idea to have a face-to-face meeting.
After all, they’ll be helping you make some important decisions about your future – so you’ll want to know about them. And they’ll want to know some things about you.
What to expect
Knowing what to expect, along with a little preparation, can make your first meeting more valuable and give you confidence to select an investment professional that meets your specific needs.
You’ll have lots of questions, of course – and so will they. You can
expect an investment professional to ask questions about things
- Your financial goals
- How much investment risk you may be comfortable with
- Whether you have any investments or retirement plans
The two of you also should talk about your health. That may be a factor in planning for medical care or long-term disability.
Need more information?
Read more about investment professionals: