Insuring Stables

Understanding Farm Stable Insurance

Stables, sheds, corrals, chutes and feed racks can be protected as part of your farm property insurance policy.

Stable coverage includes protection for:

  • Equipment that is used in the service of the building, such as water pumps, motors and outdoor equipment
  • Furniture, fixtures, machinery and equipment used for the operation of the building located in, on or within 100 feet of the structure

Be sure to talk to your agent about:

  • Insuring your stables or other buildings or structures for replacement cost or actual cash value.
  • The causes of loss (basic, broad or special) you want to insure for.
  • How much deductible to carry. A higher deductible may lower your premium, but you would have to pay more in the event of a loss.

Under certain conditions, AgriChoice® may provide coverage for collapsed structures. Your policy explains the conditions and causes of loss for which a collapse would be covered.

If you construct a new stable or other structure, talk to your agent to be sure you have the new building or structure properly insured. AgriChoice provides $100,000 in coverage for new construction for a period of 60 days beginning at the delivery of building materials.