Your wedding is a magical day that you hope will be perfect. Sometimes reality has other plans. No matter how carefully you plan your wedding day, circumstances beyond your control may cause you loss or hardship. That’s why it’s a good idea to protect your special day with wedding insurance.
Nationwide offers two types of wedding insurance to protect you.
Wedding cancellation insurance
Our specialty insurance for weddings helps protect your financial investment if you’re forced to cancel or reschedule for a covered reason or if your wedding takes place as scheduled but you experience a covered damage or loss to your wedding dress, rings, photos/video or more.
Wedding cancellation insurance also offers these additional benefits:
- Protection against lost deposits due to vendor bankruptcy during the planning process
- Reimbursement of non-refundable deposits if you cancel or postpone for a covered reason
- Includes the rehearsal dinner if held within 48 hours of your wedding
- Variable coverage options
- Available for purchase up to 15 days prior to your wedding day
Wedding liability insurance
Our specialty liability insurance for your wedding provides important liability protection for the bride and groom and their parents as well as your venue. It protects against property damage, bodily injuries and alcohol-related accidents caused by a vendor or guest that may arise during the rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception.
Wedding liability insurance also offers these benefits:
- Coverage is for both you and your venue, if requested
- Variable coverage limit options
- Certificate of Insurance can be emailed directly to the venue
- Discount pricing available if purchased with Wedding Cancellation Insurance in certain states