February 29, 2012
Nationwide Financial Introduces Investment Solutions BuilderSM
New online tool enables Registered Investment Advisers to build fund lineups, create asset allocation models for fee-based retirement plans
Columbus, Ohio - Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. has launched Investment Solutions Builder, a web-based investment tool that allows Registered Investment Advisers (RIAs) to build and manage retirement plan fund lineups and asset allocation models for sponsors and participants with control and flexibility, online, anytime.
Industry trends demonstrate the need for RIAs to have the flexibility to create and manage plans’ investments and asset allocation models through an automated process. Last year, 63.8 percent of plans changed their fund lineup while only 19.7 percent did so in 20091.
“We developed Investment Solutions Builder based on insights gained directly from extensive usability testing by Registered Investment Advisers,” said Anne Arvia, president of Retirement Plans for Nationwide Financial. “We found they’re looking for a portfolio-building tool that provides the control, flexibility and expertise that will facilitate their service to clients, findings that drove the design and functionality of Investment Solutions Builder.”
Investment Solutions Builder will allow RIAs who specialize in retirement plans to build and manage a plan’s core fund lineup from more than 1,000 options and in the process:
- See all available fund options in the program and filter them based on asset class category and other selected performance criteria
- Access detailed fund information such as performance, ratings, fees and risk measures
- Establish and change fund investment lineups in real-time or up to 90 days in the future2
RIAs will also be able to create and maintain plan-level asset allocation models for plan participants, allowing the RIAs to:
- Access detailed fund information such as underlying fund performance, ratings, fees and risk measures to facilitate the selection and monitoring of models
- Add any fund available in the program platform, including alternative funds that are not part of the plan’s core fund lineup, to their models
- Provide a model selection risk questionnaire for plan participants who are considering an asset allocation model
- Establish and change plan models in real time or up to 90 days in the future when given authority by the plan sponsor2
Investment Solutions Builder’s technology also provides integration of asset allocation models into the participant enrollment materials, websites and statements, which creates efficiency for both the RIA and plan participants.
There are no additional charges to the RIA, plan sponsor, or participants when using Investment Solutions Builder.
Investments Solutions Builder follows the launch of Nationwide Retirement Flexible AdvantageSM last fall, which offers retirement plan specialist advisors a diverse selection of investment options, no proprietary fund requirements, fee transparency, fee-based compensation and comprehensive support.
“Whether it’s through products like Flexible Advantage or resources like Investment Solutions Builder, we’re continually looking at ways to address the needs of advisors in the design and format they prefer, allowing them to focus on helping their clients prepare for and live in retirement,” said Arvia.
RIAs who would like to learn more about Investment Solutions Builder can call 1-800-626-3112.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s. The company provides customers a full range of insurance and financial services, including auto insurance, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, pet, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, public and private sector retirement plans, long-term savings plans and specialty health services. For more information, visit www.nationwide.com.