November 08, 2012
Nationwide Retirement Flexible Advantage Surpasses $1 Billion Mark in Its First Year
Nationwide Financial’s fastest-selling retirement plan product provides advisors flexibility and control
Columbus, Ohio - Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. today announced its Nationwide Retirement Flexible AdvantageSM product has reached $1 billion in plan assets just one year after its launch, making it the fastest-selling retirement plan product ever launched by Nationwide Financial.
"With more than one billion in assets, Flexible Advantage is helping us provide advisors who specialize in retirement plans with the products and services they’ve requested. This helps them create customized plans for their clients and demonstrate their value,” said Larry Hilsheimer, president of retirement plans for Nationwide Financial.
Flexible Advantage provides advisors complete flexibility and control in designing retirement plans. To do this, it offers a diverse selection of investment options, fee transparency, fee-based compensation as well as comprehensive support, all at a competitive price.
“This product was developed based on extensive research and feedback from advisors who specialize in retirement plans,” Hilsheimer added. “Our goal was to give advisors the control and flexibility to do what they do best – build successful retirement plans that support the diverse needs of their retirement plan clients.”
Some of Flexible Advantage’s key features include:
- Large selection of investment options with more than 1,000 mutual funds from 90 fund families, as well as a variety of fixed investment choices, including the Nationwide Fixed Select ContractSM, and the Nationwide BankSM FDIC Insured Deposit Account.
- Personalized investment options to help meet nearly every participant’s needs, from those who are looking for “do it for me” solutions to those interested in doing it themselves, and everywhere in between. Flexible Advantage offers multiple target date fund options, a self-directed brokerage account and managed accounts from multiple providers.
- Flexible compensation for advisors with a variety of fee-based pricing options, including per participant, percent of assets or flat dollar. Plus, commission compensation is available.
- Transparent and competitive pricing featuring Nationwide ClearCreditSM that enables Nationwide to lower overall plan costs for plan sponsors and participants.
- Fiduciary tools and support designed to help give advisors and plan sponsors confidence in managing and meeting their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Comprehensive plan support for advisors, including end-to-end sales support, plan reporting, participant education materials and an ERISA and regulatory online resource.
Flexible Advantage is just one example of how Nationwide is listening to retirement plan advisors to develop the products and services they want to help their clients prepare for retirement.
Earlier this year Nationwide Financial launched Investment Solutions BuilderSM to help Registered Investment Advisers (RIAs) be even more effective in managing retirement plans.
Investment Solutions Builder is a web-based tool that helps RIAs build and manage core fund lineups and asset allocation models, online in real-time.
“Nationwide is committed to giving advisors what they need to be the valued expert their clients depend on to help them prepare for and live in retirement,” Hilsheimer said.
For more information on Nationwide Retirement Flexible Advantage, please watch this short video or call 1-800-626-3112.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s. The company provides customers a full range of insurance and financial services, including auto insurance, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, pet, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and specialty health services. For more information, visit www.nationwide.com.