A CD is an account that can offer a higher interest rate than a regular savings account. At Nationwide, you'll find competitive CD interest rates and flexible terms, from 3 months up to 5 years.
Current CD interest rates
Below is a table of certificate of deposit (CD) rates offered by Nationwide.
Experience the difference when you save at Nationwide
At Nationwide, we value you as a member and make the advantages clear to you.
- Just a $500 minimum required to open a CD.
- Easily set up your CD as part of a CD laddering strategy during our online application process.
- Enjoy convenient online banking and free access to our personal finance management tool.
- Free mobile banking app for 24/7 monitoring of your account.
- We keep your account safe with a layered security protocol.
- FDIC insurance. Each depositor is insured to at least $250,000.
- See all fees associated with this account and how to avoid them here.
Why choose a certificate of deposit account?
A certificate of deposit (CD) is an FDIC-insured interest-bearing account that is typically associated with longer-term savings. A bank CD gives you the flexibility of choosing how long you'd like to commit to saving, anywhere from 3 months to 60 months. At the end of this term, the CD matures, meaning you get your initial deposit plus the interest you have accrued. This makes a Nationwide CD a great alternative to a traditional savings account when you are looking for higher yields and may not need access to your funds for a while.