Business auto glass repair windshield insurance claims
The Nationwide On Your Side® Glass Service Program gets you back on the road quickly and conveniently with top-quality repair or replacement by a leader in the industry – Safelite® AutoGlass.
A damaged windshield doesn’t always need to be replaced.
If your vehicle's windshield has minor damage, such as a chip or crack measuring less than 6 inches, it can probably be repaired.
Since even a small crack can grow over time, it’s important to report your glass damage claim as soon as possible.
What to do if your vehicle’s glass has been damaged
Windshield and glass damage can occur suddenly and distract you when driving.
- If you’re on the road and the damage obscures your vision, pull to a safe location and put on your emergency lights.
- You can start your claim online now, or you may call Nationwide's Claim Service at 1-800-421-3535 and state "glass only".
- Be prepared to provide your vehicle's year, make and model.
- Pick the date, time and place where you’d like the repair or replacement service performed.
- Make a note of your referral number.
Glass repair done on your own schedule
When you use our Glass Service Program, the work can be done at a repair shop in our On Your Side Claims Service Network, if your business vehicle is an eligible private passenger auto, or where available, at your home, office or another location.
Safelite Auto Glass is an optional 3rd party that administers Nationwide's On Your Side Glass Service and will help arrange for windshield repair or replacement.
You’re free to have repairs done at a repair shop of your choosing, but please call us at 1-800-421-3535 before agreeing to any work.
Keep in mind, the work is guaranteed if you use a shop in our Claims Service Network.
Should you repair or replace a damaged windshield?
While minor auto glass damage may often be repairable, major damage can require replacement. Left unrepaired, even a chip or crack can spread and shatter. So, it’s important to have your windshield fixed by a qualified facility right away. Among the advantages:
- Protecting you and your passengers. Hit a pothole or a bump in the road and the impact can cause even a small crack in the windshield to shatter and spray glass into the vehicle.
- Maintaining your vehicle's structural integrity. Your windshield is actually a structural part of the vehicle by helping keep the roof from wiggling around. Stresses from a cracked or improperly installed windshield can weaken the roof and cause it to collapse, especially in a rollover accident.