Everything in your workplace is important – your files, equipment, machinery, furniture. And, it can all be lost in the event of a fire. Fires spread faster in some workplaces than in others, but damage can be devastating from fire, smoke – and even water – in any workplace.
Identify the fire hazards in your workplace, and take the right steps to reduce your fire risk:
- Have a licensed professional conduct a fire risk assessment
- Make sure that fire extinguishers are easily accessible
- Install smoke detectors and test them regularly
- Store combustible materials in safe places, away from heat
- Develop a fire emergency plan and review it with your employees
Often a fire risk assessment is required to make your fire insurance official. Talk to your agent about what steps you may need to take to ensure you’re protected from fire and other risks.