Management Liability and Specialty coverages
- News & insights
Our Lawyers Professional Liability products serve the community of small- to mid-size law firms that practice both general and specialized law. Our program is administered by some of the most experienced professionals in the industry who, for more than a decade, have represented hundreds of law firms in the placement of professional liability insurance.
While we have an appetite for many areas of legal practice, the program is not currently designed for firms with activity in class action or mass tort representation, or in the securities industry.
Coverage is available for two specific market segments:
- Individual attorneys and non-standard law firms up to 30 attorneys
- Law firms of up to 30 attorneys whose specialty is Intellectual Property law
- Coverage limits of up to $4 million in the aggregate are available, as are a number of significant coverage extensions and features.
Who we cover
Lawyers Professional Liability insurance helps protect attorneys for damages and defense costs incurred as a result of a Claim alleging an act, errors or omissions arising from your performance of professional services.
Scope of coverage
- Broad definition of professional services, including coverage for privacy covered acts and network security covered acts arising from professional services
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) claims settlement provision that can reduce deductible amounts
- Deductible reductions for use of limitation of liability and mediation clauses in engagement letters
- Deductible reductions for early resolution and consent to settlement of claims
- Supplementary Payments for expense reimbursement costs for loss of earnings when you attend a hearing, trial or arbitration proceeding at our request
Coverage extensions for:
- Client Notification and Consultant Costs
- Discriminatory Complaint Regulatory Coverage
- Supplementary Claims Expenses Coverage
- Not For Profit Directorships Coverage
- Reputation Protection Coverage