As a cattle rancher, you understand that unique liability risks are a part of working with animals. You may face these risks if:
- An animal causes an accident on a roadway (our most frequent livestock liability claim)
- An animal reacts unpredictably and someone is injured
- You face allegations of animal cruelty
Get the liability protection you need with AgriChoice®
Feedback from farmers and ranchers has helped us develop innovative coverage for protection against unwarranted allegations of animal cruelty. Legal defense against animal cruelty charges may result in sizable attorney fees. AgriChoice provides coverage up to policy limits to reimburse attorney fees for lawsuits in which you are found not guilty.
Coverage for your animals
If you choose not to insure your cattle, AgriChoice still provides you with coverage if they are struck by a motor vehicle, train or accidentally shot. At no additional cost, this coverage provides protection up to $500 per head. Higher limits are also available.
Coverage for your hay
With AgriChoice, you can also insure your hay. AgriChoice provides coverage up to $100,000 per stack of hay.
Pollution liability coverage
Farmers and ranchers are potentially exposed to liability for pollution from a variety of operations, including:
- Overspray/misapplication of chemicals
- Leakage from on-premises storage tanks and lagoons
- Off-premises liability from transportation
You may also be liable for government-ordered clean up costs, both on and off your premises. Discuss your state's pollution coverage with your agent.