Nationwide is a leading provider of commercial property insurance to operations along the food, fuel and fiber chains. You can count on us for superior commercial property coverage tailored to your specific needs.
Commercial property insurance covers most financial losses you may experience in the event the physical assets of your business – such as buildings, equipment or outdoor fixtures – are damaged. But before purchasing commercial property insurance coverage, it’s helpful to have a good understanding of the basics.
Commercial property insurance basics
Essentially, commercial property insurance coverage can be defined by what is insured, and the event that leads to a potential loss.
Commercial property insurance coverage safeguards a company’s buildings, contents, equipment, and other real and personal property. This includes:
- Property improvements
- Furniture, equipment (owned or leased) and supplies
- Computers and data processing equipment
- Records, valuable papers and other documents
- Fences, signs and other outdoor property not attached to a building
Typical event coverage
Your policy helps protect you against losses from these events:
- Lightning strike, hail or windstorm
- Damage caused by vehicles, vandalism and aircraft
Additional event coverage
Also called endorsements, additional coverage can fill in where basic property insurance leaves off. Endorsements cover events such as:
- Floods, earthquakes and volcanoes
- Business income
- Equipment breakdown