An important part of your farm or ranch policy is the protection that it provides for damage to farm or ranch confinement buildings. These buildings must be listed on your policy to be covered.
Coverage for confinement buildings includes:
- Water pumps, motors and other outdoor equipment used for the operation of the building
- Furniture, fixtures, machinery and equipment pertaining to the use of the building located in, on or within 100 feet of the building
Be sure to talk to your agent about:
- Insuring your confinement buildings for replacement cost or actual cash value.
- The causes of loss (broad, basic or special) for which you want to insure.
- How much deductible to carry. A higher deductible may lower your premium, but you would have to pay more in the event of a loss.
- The current values of your confinement buildings.
Under certain conditions, AgriChoice® provides coverage for collapsed confinement buildings.