Questions to ask vendors
Following is a list of questions to ask vendors regarding the accessibility maturity of their processes and products. How the vendor answers questions about product design, testing, training, and support will help you determine whether the product will meet the needs of your customers.
- When do you think about accessibility of your product? At the design stage, during the implementation process, or later on after it has been developed?
- Do you have accessibility experts in your design/development team, or do you hire an outside accessibility consultant?
- If the latter, what accessibility consulting company do you work with?
- Do you use real end-users with disabilities to help design your product? How so?
Vendor internal education and training questions
- Where do your designers and developers get accessibility training?
- Which accessibility-related conferences do you attend?
- Have you ever had an employee or an outside person with disabilities show how your product might be used with assistive software/hardware?