The first thing buyers see when they come for a viewing is your home’s exterior. If your house isn’t appealing, you may lose the interest of potential buyers before they even step foot into your home. Learn how to improve curb appeal with the tips below.
- Improve your landscape – The grass may not always be greener on the other side, but by maintaining a healthy lawn you can increase your property value. Planting trees and flowers will also bring life to the outside of your home.
- Build a deck – If you’re trying to decide between investing in a deck or patio, keep in mind that you could get a significant return-on-investment for a wooden deck. An off-the-ground deck increases the appeal of your home. They’re also very versatile, so buyers can easily add their style to the space.
- Install lighting – By lighting up areas such as driveways, entryways and steps, you’re creating a safer, more attractive atmosphere for buyers.
- Add a fence – Having a fenced yard gives a sense of privacy and security. Make sure to install an aluminum fence so there’s less upkeep and no rust.
- Freshen the paint job – Don’t let chipping paint deter potential buyers. Spruce up your home with an inexpensive new coat of paint in a neutral color.
- Replace the mailbox – Mailboxes are often the first thing buyers see since they are used to spot your house number. If your mailbox looks weathered it may be time to replace it.
- Clean the roof – Mildew, leaves and grime can cover your roof shingles and even spread down your gutters. Clean your roof regularly to prevent mold and maintain an immaculate appearance from top to bottom.
No matter how you decide to improve the curb appeal of your home, remember that minor things add up. Keeping your windows clean, doorknobs untarnished, and walkways swept are simple ways to welcome buyers to your home.