Farm utility vehicle insurance
Call 1-800-255-9913 Find a Farm Certified Agent

Understanding farm ATV insurance

Utility vehicles, such as a John Deere Gator or Kawasaki Mule, that are designed for farm or ranch use can be covered by farm vehicle insurance. They’re usually not licensed for use on public roadways, but they can be insured on your farm property insurance policy. Utility vehicles are covered for liability when used on and off your farm or ranch, as long as the vehicle is designed and used for farm or ranch purposes.

If you routinely ride your ATVs off your property, ask your agent about an optional utility vehicle insurance coverage you can purchase to cover off-premises ATV use. If you own recreational-use ATVs, this optional coverage is highly recommended.

If your utility vehicle is licensed for road use, a commercial auto policy or recreational vehicle policy is required. For more information, talk to your agent.

Share Article