Insuring Farm Utility Vehicles
Call 1-800-255-9913 Find a Farm Certified Agent

Understanding Farm Utility Vehicle Insurance

Utility vehicles, such as a John Deere Gator or Kawasaki Mule, are designed for farm or ranch use and are usually not licensed for use on public roadways. They can be insured on your farm property insurance policy. Utility vehicles are covered for liability when used on and off your farm or ranch, as long as the vehicle is designed and used for farm or ranch purposes.

If you routinely ride your ATVs off your property, ask your agent about an optional coverage you can purchase to cover off-premises ATV use. If you own recreational-use ATVs, this optional coverage is highly recommended.

If the utility vehicle is licensed for road use, a commercial auto policy or recreational vehicle policy is required. Talk to your agent about what will provide the best protection for your specific needs.

Share Article