Earn More with a Money Market Account
A Nationwide® money market account is a smart place to put your savings. Higher-yield money market accounts allow you the convenience of a savings account combined with competitive money market interest rates. That means your money is working harder for you and you still have easy access to your funds.
Earn more with a high-yield money market account.
It's your money. We help you hold on to it.
Banking is made easier with 24/7 access to your money.
Money Market interest rates
Below is a table of Nationwide’s money market rates.
|$0 - $999.99
|$1,000 - $9,999.99
|$10,000 - $24,999.99
|$25,000 - $49,999.99
|$50,000 - $99,999.99
APY is effective for accounts opened after
and is subject to change. Fees may reduce the earnings on your money market account. To avoid bank fees, keep a $1,000 minimum balance.
What is a money market account?
A money market account can be thought of as a hybrid, offering features similar to both a checking and savings account. Officially known as a money market deposit account, this type of account accrues interest at a higher rate than the typical savings account, and since checks can be written against it, you’ll always have access to your money. While the annual percentage yield (APY) is generally higher than with other savings products, money market accounts have transaction limitations and typically require a higher minimum balance than other types of deposit accounts
Enjoy low or no fees
Nationwide offers some of the lowest bank fees available.
- $0 monthly maintenance fee when you maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,000 or more. Otherwise $8.
- $0 preauthorized withdrawals up to 6 per monthly statement cycle via telephone or electronic transfers, check or ATM card access. Each additional is $5.
- $0 non-Nationwide Bank ATM transactions up to 2 per statement cycle. The fee is $1.50 after the first two. Fees from the ATM owner may apply.
- $0 online statements detailing your monthly activity.
- $0 money transfers with your Nationwide bank accounts and your accounts with other banks.
- See all transactional fees associated with this account and how to avoid them here.
Experience the convenience of an online money market account
At Nationwide, we value you as a member and make the advantages clear to you.
Begin your savings journey today. You can open other accounts at the same time!
How to Apply
Information you’ll need to have on hand.
How to Switch Banks
We’ve got tools that make switching easier.