As a horse farmer, you understand the unique liability exposures you face, such as when an animal:
- Wanders onto the roadway and causes an accident (one of our most frequent liability claims)
- Reacts unpredictably and someone is injured
Get the liability protection you need with AgriChoice®
You should also consider liability protection if:
- The general public comes onto your farm or ranch
- Customers leave their animals in your care
Optional coverage is also available to protect you from claims that a horse was injured or killed while in your care.
A set of optional coverages are available to provide protection for:
- Claims that an animal was killed or injured while in your care
Coverage for your hay
With AgriChoice, you can also insure your hay. AgriChoice provides coverage up to $100,000 per stack of hay.
Pollution liability coverage
Farmers and ranchers are potentially exposed to liability for pollution from a variety of farm operations, including:
- Overspray/misapplication of chemicals
- Leakage from on-premises storage tanks and lagoons
- Off-premises liability from transportation
You may also be liable for government-ordered clean up costs, both on and off your premises. Discuss your state's pollution coverage with your agent.