You’ve negotiated a deal and found a great loan rate from Nationwide Bank. The last step is paying the seller.
Finish your loan with Nationwide Bank Payment Center
Here’s how it works:
- Once you’ve signed your documents and finished your loan, you will receive an email from Nationwide Bank. This email contains a funding code and a link to the Nationwide Bank Payment Center.
- Share this information with the seller. They can visit the Nationwide Bank Payment Center anytime to receive their funds. They will need the funding code, your last name, the amount of the sale and the last 5 digits of the vehicle’s VIN/HIN to verify the sale. If the seller has any questions about the process contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-I BANK NW (1-877-422-6569).
- After the seller agrees to release the title and vehicle to you, they will enter their information to initiate funding.
- Buying from a dealership? The dealer will take care of sales tax and will send the title of the vehicle to Nationwide Bank.
- Buying from an individual? Nationwide Bank will pay the seller the amount of the vehicle. The amount you designated for tax and title will be automatically deposited into your account. As with any private vehicle sale, you will need to get the vehicle title signed and transferred at the Department of Motor Vehicles. They will ask for the sales tax at that time. Then you will mail the title to Nationwide Bank.
Instructions to dealership or seller
- To claim your funds, please visit the Nationwide Bank Payment Center.
- You'll need to enter the funding code, buyer's last name, the amount of the sale and the last 5 digits of the vehicle’s VIN/HIN to verify the sale. Each funding code is unique to the vehicle being sold.
- Once you complete the Nationwide Bank Payment Center, we will initiate funding. You can expect the funds to arrive in 3 to 5 business days.
- If you are a dealership send the vehicle title to the address below.
- If you are an individual you must provide the buyer the vehicle title after the funds are in your account.
If you have any questions about the process contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-I BANK NW (1-877-422-6569).
Where to send the vehicle title
Please send the title to:
PO Box 1730
Williamsville, NY 14231
Why trust Nationwide Bank?
Nationwide Bank is member of the Nationwide family of companies. Nationwide is one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the world, focusing on domestic property and casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement savings, asset management and strategic investments.
We are located at:
Nationwide Home Office
One Nationwide Plaza
Columbus, OH 43215-2220