Build your savings account with Nationwide Bank®. With an Internet savings account, you can have 24/7 access to your funds – and it takes just $50 to open a savings account online.
Enjoy Great Benefits With a Regular Savings Account
Enjoy these great benefits when you open a Nationwide Bank savings account:
- Access to more than 77,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
- 2 free non-Nationwide Bank ATM transactions per month. (Surcharges from the ATM owner may apply.)
- No monthly maintenance fee when you maintain a minimum daily balance of $300 or a monthly direct deposit of $25 or more. Otherwise $3.
- Free online statements detailing your monthly activity.
- FDIC insurance. Each depositor is insured to at least $250,000.
- Up to 6 preauthorized withdrawals per monthly statement cycle, including telephone or electronic transfers, check or point-of-sale transactions. This limit does not apply to the number of withdrawals you can make at an ATM, by mail or at a Nationwide branch.
- Free money transfers with your Nationwide Bank accounts and your accounts with other banks.
You must be 18 years or older to open an online savings account.
Before beginning your application, gather this basic information about yourself.
|Personal information||Contact information||Financial information|
If you are opening a Nationwide Bank savings account with another person, you will need to have that person’s ID and residence information, too.
You can use our online application to open an individual or joint account with Right of Survivorship and with up to three co-signers. You'll need to fund your account with an initial deposit that you can electronically transfer from another personal bank account or send by check.
Trust accounts are also available and can be opened by calling 1-877-I-Bank-NW (1-877-422-6569) Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET.
What is the minimum amount required to open a Nationwide Bank savings account?
It takes just $50 to open an account.
How do I avoid maintenance fees on my online savings account?
You must keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or sign up for a direct deposit of at least $25 a month to avoid service fees.
Can I get overdraft protection for my online savings account?
Yes, you can use one or more linked online savings accounts to cover overdrafts on your online checking account.
Do any of your accounts have funds transfers available?
Yes, all of our checking, savings and money market accounts include money transfer services. You can use our free money transfer service to transfer funds between your Nationwide Bank accounts and your accounts with other banks.