Nationwide Bank has a long history of serving you, our members. The retail banking landscape continues to evolve at a faster pace than ever, offering new and unique ways to manage banking services.
In this highly competitive environment where financial institutions must keep pace with new capabilities to deliver expected experiences, our parent company, Nationwide will be focusing resources more heavily on the property, casualty, financial services and other emerging businesses. Nationwide Bank will transition away from operating as a full-service, federally chartered retail bank and instead focus bank-related efforts on its trust operations that serve Nationwide’s retirement plan businesses.
There is no immediate change for you, your services or your accounts. All personal and business relationships with the bank currently remain intact for the time being. Our goal is to make this transition as smooth and seamless for you as possible.
We value you as a customer and we will continue to make communication a top priority as we go through this transition together.
What Bank customers need to know
- Nationwide Bank is transitioning away from full-service retail banking
- There is no immediate change to banking relationships—current deposits and loans remain in place, safe and accessible
- It will take several months to evaluate options that best serve our retail bank customers
- Our goal is to transfer retail deposits to another institution that will best serve our customers as well as find the best solution for transferring loans
- Nationwide Bank is safe, sound and well capitalized, and backed by the strength and stability of Nationwide
- We are committed to keeping customers informed as decisions are made
We're here to help
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-877-I BANK NW (1-877-422-6569) 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET Weekdays.
Thank you for choosing Nationwide.