If your farm is part of a poultry integration contract, the integrator typically owns and insures the birds. AgriChoice® can insure additional aspects of your poultry farm, including:
- Property protection for your poultry growing facilities, laying houses, egg gathering facilities and service buildings
- Equipment breakdown coverage for your ventilation equipment and other poultry house equipment
Protection against animal cruelty claims
With AgriChoice, you also are protected from costs incurred to defend yourself against unwarranted claims of animal cruelty. The AgriChoice policy will reimburse you up to policy limits to help offset attorney fees if you are prosecuted and found not guilty.
Pollution liability coverage
Farmers and ranchers are potentially exposed to liability for pollution from a variety of farm operations, including:
- Overspray/misapplication of chemicals
- Leakage from on-premises storage tanks and lagoons
- Off-premises liability from transportation
You may also be liable for government-ordered clean up costs, both on and off your premises. Discuss your state's pollution coverage with your agent.