Ever wonder how much you should invest today, to reach a certain future monetary goal? Our present value (PV) calculator will help you determine that, so you’ll have a clearer path to that future target value.
Calculate present value to find out how much you should invest now to reach a future target
How the PV calculator works
Just enter these key numbers:
- Date you expect to make your first deposit
- Date you hope to attain your target balance
- Amount of your target, future balance
- Rate of return on the account
- How much you intend to deposit periodically
- Frequency the interest will be compounded
You can adjust each factor to see how it will impact your timeline. Try calculating your present value now:
More about investments
We offer multiple options
At Nationwide®, our goal is to help you earn more on your savings. You can earn interest through a number of products, such as a money market account or a certificate of deposit (CD). Our money market and certificate of deposit rates are highly competitive.
Present value calculator terms
- Start date – Date the present value begins to be calculated. The calculator assumes this is the date of the first periodic payment if deposits are made at the beginning of a period.
- End date – The date you are targeting to reach your desired balance.
- Future Value – The value of your target balance.
- Rate of return – The interest rate of return for this account.
- Periodic deposit – The amount you intend to add to this account periodically.
- Deposit frequency – How often you intend to make a deposit. This can be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.