It’s a good business practice to report workers’ compensation claims properly and promptly. Remember that all workers’ compensation claims should be reported immediately, even if they involve minor injuries.
Filing promptly provides many benefits:
- Improves opportunities for injured employees to obtain prompt and appropriate medical care
- Increases the likelihood that employees can return to work safely and with minimal delay
- Allows for a thorough investigation, including the ability to "freeze the claim facts"
- Helps you comply with state reporting requirements
- Can help reduce the potential for litigation
Even if you don’t have all of the information to complete your claim, it’s vital to submit a first report of injury as soon as possible to get the claims process started.