It’s a good business practice to report workers’ compensation claims properly and promptly. Remember that all workers’ compensation claims should be reported immediately, even if they involve minor injuries.
Filing promptly provides many benefits:
- Improves opportunities for injured employees to obtain prompt and appropriate medical care
- Increases the likelihood that employees can return to work safely and with minimal delay
- Allows for a thorough investigation, including the ability to "freeze the claim facts"
- Helps you comply with state reporting requirements
- Can help reduce the potential for litigation
Even if you don’t have all of the information to complete your claim, it’s vital to submit a first report of injury as soon as possible to get the claims process started.
Workers’ compensation tools and resources
First Fill program
The First Fill program provides one-time prescription processing before the workers’ compensation claim is established, preventing out-of-pocket prescription expense for the injured worker. Ask your claims associate for more details.
File your claim
If you have a username and password, you can log in to your online account to file a claim. No username and password? No problem. You can register here. You can also call us at 1-877-262-0247.
Or call our Claims Center at 1-800-421-3535, 24/7.
- Contact information for you and others involved
- Your policy information (if available)
- The date of the incident
- A description of the injury
If you need additional help, contact your agent, who’s always there to answer any questions.