All coverageHomeowners insurance
Comprehensive, customizable protection for your home, family and lifestyleAutomobile insurance
With benefits beyond mass-market insurance policies, our personalized coverage ensures five-star protectionPersonal collections insurance
Get the coverage your cherished possessions deserveExcess liability insurance
Protecting you and your hard-earned assets against the potential risk of a lawsuit
Peace of mind is priceless. But is it really?
Unless you’re insured with an affluent or high net worth carrier, you probably won’t be afforded the added benefit of expanded defense. In the event of a liability claim, this coverage enhancement allows you to utilize your own trusted counsel for consultation with our defense team, which we provide on your behalf. Without this enhancement, you could be left paying the bill for your personal attorney’s services should you choose to engage your attorney to consult with the defense counsel provided to you. The Nationwide® Private Client personal excess liability policy is designed to help protect you from events that could damage your financial position.
Consider the following
- It’s icy and you’re unable to stop your car in time, so you hit a pedestrian crossing the street.
- Your housekeeper quits her job and claims harassment.
- As your new sofa is delivered, the delivery man slips and falls on the stairs, breaking his leg.
- A neighbor’s child climbs your fence to get his ball, and your dog bites him.
Don’t underestimate your potential liability. The more you have, the more attractive you are as a target for a liability lawsuit. In today’s litigious environment, multimillion-dollar judgments have become increasingly common. According to the Insurance Information Institute, awards of $1 million or more accounted for 21% of all liability personal injury jury awards in 2018 and 2019.
How Nationwide® Private Client responds
Defense coverage is provided at Private Client’s expense, even if the allegations of the suit are groundless, false or fraudulent.1 Private Client understands that our clients can have multiple centers of influence, including counsel. What better way to get peace of mind than being able to have your own trusted legal counsel review and consult on the defense coverage under your policy? Our uniquely crafted personal excess liability policy will help protect your hard-earned assets and reputation should an unexpected event occur. Private Client provides:
- Reasonable expenses incurred by an insured at our request, up to a total of $10,000 for assisting us in the investigation or defense of a claim or suit
- Expanded defense up to $10,000 available with Private Client’s base excess liability policy
- Expanded defense up to $250,000 available with Private Client’s excess protection endorsement
Why it’s important for you
Very few insurance carriers will pay for you to be able to utilize your own legal counsel to consult on a claim. It has taken years to build your advisor network. Why wouldn’t you want your own trusted legal advisor to weigh in on your claim, especially when it comes at no additional cost to you with Private Client? Peace of mind truly is priceless with Nationwide Private Client.
Nationwide Private Client offers these added benefits:
- Specialized claim service: Our team of problem-solvers is available 24 hours a day, 365 a year.
- Financial strength: Nationwide, a Fortune 1002 company, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A1 by Moody’s and A+ by both AM Best and Standard & Poor’s.3
- Charitable giving: At Nationwide, we strongly believe in being good corporate citizens where we work and live. Since 2000, the Nationwide Foundation has committed more than $588 million to charitable organizations across the United States.
Why Nationwide® Private Client
Your drive to build the life of your dreams inspires us. That’s why we provide crafted coverage and specialized service to keep pace with your changing needs and a rapidly evolving world.
 For a lawsuit against an insured resulting from an occurrence covered by our Personal Excess policy.
 Based on revenue, Fortune magazine (June 2, 2021).
 Ratings affirmed 5/27/20 by Moody’s, 12/22/21 by AM Best and 5/7/21 by Standard & Poor’s.