Given the amount of data exchanged online each second, the threat of identity theft is more common than ever — and the consequences can be devastating. With Social Security numbers, names, addresses, dates of birth, credit/bank card numbers and other private information readily available, thieves may find all they need to steal your identity. It’s never been more important to minimize the risk of identity theft.
How you may be at risk
The number of identity theft and fraud victims continues to climb each year. With the increased adoption of technology and rise in “smart” devices, our lives are more connected than ever. However, this added convenience also brings risk.
- There were 13 million identity fraud victims in 2019 with $16.9 billion stolen1
- The FTC received more than 651,000 identity theft complaints from consumers, with credit card fraud at the top of the list of identity theft reports2
- 164.7 million records were exposed last year3
- New-account fraud incidences increased 88% in 2019 from 20182
- 52% of identity theft victims have yet to resolve their issue to their satisfaction a year later4
- 53% of U.S. adults are worried about identity theft5
How Nationwide Private Client responds
You have worked hard to build a strong financial position and a solid reputation. Our Nationwide® Private Client homeowners policy includes identity theft and cyber protection services, so you have help properly securing your future.
Your homeowners policy automatically includes an identity theft limit of $25,000, with options to increase up to $100,000 to help cover the expenses that may arise from an identity theft incident. Our trusted partner, Generali Global Assistance (GGA), will act as your personal advocate if your identity is ever compromised. Coverage also offers proactive services you can leverage to help monitor your personal information.
GGA’s award-winning team of resolution specialists are available 24/7 to help. They make the recovery process as easy as possible by providing assistance with:
- Affidavit submissions
- Creditor notification and follow-up
- Communication with law enforcement and government authorities
- Placing credit freezes and fraud alerts
- Lost wallet assistance
- Emergency cash and travel arrangements
- Translation services
- Medical identity theft expense
- Malware, ransomware and virus removal
- Restoring home internet connection and devices
- Resecuring home networking infrastructure
Let us protect your identity
Our services help protect many important pieces of personal data. Through our partnership with GGA, Nationwide Private Client not only helps you after an identity theft occurrence, but we help reduce your risk. You and one other adult household member will realize substantial benefits just by activating your account. Benefits include:
- Access to GGA’s Online Data Protection Suite, which, once downloaded to your PC or laptop, provides peace of mind when browsing the internet by keeping your data safe from ransomware, keylogging and phishing attacks.
- Monitoring high-risk transactions with more than 300 of the nation’s largest companies to thwart account takeover attempts. Monitored transactions include: credit card information bank accounts, brokerage accounts, health care portals, workplace intranets, etc.
- Internet surveillance that looks for personally identifying information, such as Social Security numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, debit/credit cards, bank account numbers, insurance cards, drivers licenses, loyalty cards, affinity cards, passport numbers, etc.
- Reviewing underground sources, such as hacker dump sites, the black market, hacktivist forums, file-sharing portals, data leaks and malware logs.
The intuitive online interface will allow you to check your credit score and history, add information to be monitored, review and respond to alerts, find education tips and contact the resolutions center. You can add two more adult household members for less than $9 a month. To register, go to nationwide.idprotectiononline.com/signup or call 1-800-337-1416. Identity and credit monitoring, when used together, make an important tool in combating identity theft and minimizing the long-term financial, legal and emotional fallout of fraud.
Why Nationwide Private Client
As a member of Nationwide’s family of insurers, Nationwide Private Client is dedicated to helping protect the assets and reputations of our clients. Our highly-personalized insurance products, services and concierge-style claims management are thoughtfully designed to meet the distinctive needs of affluent individuals and families. We are committed to providing you a superior experience whenever you need assistance.
Nationwide Private Client offers these added benefits:
- Financial strength — Nationwide, a Fortune 100 company6 is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A1 by Moody’s and A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s7
 "2019 Identity Fraud Study: Fraudsters Seek New Targets and Victims Bear the Brunt," Kyle Marchini and Al Pascual,https://www.javelinstrategy.com/coverage-area/2019-identity-fraud-study-fraudsters-seek-new-targets-and-victims-bear-brunt
(March 6, 2019).
 FTC 2019 Consumer Sentinel Network Data Book.
 2019 End of Year Data Breach Report, Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), idtheftcenter.org/2019-data-breaches/
 2018 Aftermath Study, Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), https://www.idtheftcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ITRC_Aftermath-2018_Web_FINAL.pdf
 2020 Identity Protection Survey, Engine Insights and Generali Global Assistance.
 Based on revenue, Fortune magazine (May 2020).
 Ratings affirmed 5/27/20 by Moody’s, 12/17/19 by AM Best, and 9/16/19 by Standard & Poor's.