All coverageHomeowners insurance
Comprehensive, customizable protection for your home, family and lifestyleAutomobile insurance
With benefits beyond mass-market insurance policies, our personalized coverage ensures five-star protectionPersonal collections insurance
Get the coverage your cherished possessions deserveExcess liability insurance
Protecting you and your hard-earned assets against the potential risk of a lawsuit
Protect your credit and preserve your reputation
Given the amount of data exchanged online each second, the threat of identity theft is more common than ever — and the consequences can be devastating. With Social Security numbers, names, addresses, dates of birth, credit or bank card numbers and other private information readily available, thieves may find all they need to steal your identity. It’s never been more important to minimize the risk of identity theft.
How you may be at risk
The number of identity theft and fraud victims continues to climb each year. With the increased adoption of technology and the rise in “smart” devices, our lives are more connected than ever. However, this added convenience also brings risk.
- There were 15 million identity fraud victims in the U.S. in 2021, with $24 billion stolen.1
- The Federal Trade Commission received more than 1.4 million identity theft complaints from consumers, with government documents or benefits fraud at the top of the list.2
- Data compromises increased by 68% from 2020 to 2021.3
- 82% of identity fraud cases in 2021 had not been resolved a year later.4
- 84% of identity crime victims feel worried and anxious.4
How Nationwide® Private Client responds
You've worked hard to build a strong financial position and a solid reputation. Our Nationwide® Private Client homeowners policy includes identity theft and cyber protection services, so you have help properly securing your future.
Your homeowners policy automatically includes an identity theft limit of $25,000, with options to increase up to $100,000 to help cover the expenses that may arise from an identity theft incident. Our trusted partner, Generali Global Assistance (GGA), will act as your personal advocate if your identity is ever compromised. Coverage also offers proactive services you can leverage to help monitor your personal information.
GGA’s award-winning team of resolution specialists is available 24/7 to help. The specialists make the recovery process as easy as possible by providing assistance with:
- Affidavit submissions
- Creditor notification and follow-up
- Communication with law enforcement and government authorities
- Credit freeze and fraud alert placement
- Lost wallets
- Emergency cash and travel arrangements
- Translation services
- Medical identity theft expenses
- Malware, ransomware and virus removal
- Home internet connection and device restoration
- Home networking infrastructure resecuring
Let us protect your identity
Our services help protect many important pieces of personal data. Through our partnership with GGA, Nationwide Private Client not only helps you after an identity theft occurrence, but we help reduce your risk. You and one other adult household member will realize substantial benefits just by activating your account. Benefits include:
- Access to GGA's Online Data Protection Suite for up to 10 devices. When downloaded to your PC or laptop, the protection provides peace of mind while browsing the internet by keeping your data safe from ransomware, keylogging and phishing attacks.
- Monitoring high-risk transactions with more than 300 of the nation’s largest companies to thwart account takeover attempts. Monitored transactions include credit card information, bank accounts, brokerage accounts, health care portals, workplace intranets, etc.
- Internet surveillance that looks for personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, debit or credit cards, bank account numbers, insurance cards, driver's licenses, loyalty cards, affinity cards, passport numbers, etc.
- Reviewing underground sources such as hacker dump sites, the black market, hacktivist forums, file-sharing portals, data leaks and malware logs.
The intuitive online interface will allow you to check your credit score and history, add information to be monitored, review and respond to alerts, find education tips and contact the resolutions center. You can add two more adult household members for less than $9 a month. To register, go to nationwide.idprotectiononline.com/signup or call 1-800-337-1416. Identity and credit monitoring, when used together, make an important tool in combating identity theft and minimizing the long-term financial, legal and emotional repercussions of fraud.
Why Nationwide Private Client
Your drive to build the life of your dreams inspires us. That’s why we provide crafted coverage and specialized service to keep pace with your changing needs and a rapidly evolving world.
- Specialized claims service: Our team of problem-solvers is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Financial strength: Nationwide, a Fortune 100 company,5 is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A1 by Moody’s and A+ by both AM Best and Standard & Poor’s.6
- Charitable giving: At Nationwide, we strongly believe in being good corporate citizens where we work and live. Since 2000, the Nationwide Foundation has committed more than $588 million to charitable organizations across the United States.
 “CSN Annual Data Book 2021,” Federal Trade Commission, Ftc.gov/system/files/ftc_gov/pdf/CSN%20Annual%20Data%20Book%202021%20Final%20PDF.pdf (February 2022).
 “Identity Theft Resource Center’s 2021 Annual Data Breach Report Sets New Record for Number of Compromises,” Identity Theft Resource Center, idtheftcenter.org/post/identity-theft-resource-center-2021-annual-data-breach-report-sets-new-record-for-number-of-compromises (Jan. 24, 2022).
 “2021 Consumer Aftermath Report: How Identity Crimes Impact Victims, their Families, Friends, and Workplaces,” Identity Theft Resource Center, idtheftcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/ITRC_2021_Consumer_Aftermath_Report.pdf (May 2021).
 Based on revenue, Fortune magazine (May 2022).
 These ratings were affirmed 5/27/20 by Moody’s, 12/22/21 by AM Best and 4/19/22 by Standard & Poor’s.
Monitoring portal and resolution assistance services are provided by Generali Global Assistance. There is no additional charge for these monitoring services for up to two adult members of the household, and enrollment is optional. Charges apply for additional household members.
Each claim is handled on the basis of its individual facts and circumstances and in accordance with policy language, including applicable exclusions, conditions and limitations. This insurance overview is for informational purposes only and does not replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance policies, their endorsements or declarations pages, which are controlling. Terms and availability vary by state, and exclusions apply. Private Client products are underwritten by Crestbrook Insurance Company, an affiliate of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio. Nationwide, the Nationwide N and Eagle and Nationwide Private Client are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. © 2022 Nationwide PVR-0581AO.3 (11/22)