All coverageHomeowners insurance
Comprehensive, customizable protection for your home, family and lifestyleAutomobile insurance
With benefits beyond mass-market insurance policies, our personalized coverage ensures five-star protectionPersonal collections insurance
Get the coverage your cherished possessions deserveExcess liability insurance
Protecting you and your hard-earned assets against the potential risk of a lawsuit
How do you protect yourself from uninsured and underinsured liability?
While the price tag for insurance can be high, the cost of not having adequate protection can be even higher. With a Nationwide Private Client excess liability policy, you can protect yourself from such risk. With our optional uninsured and underinsured liability (UL/UIL) coverage, you can relax knowing you have additional protection if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured at-fault driver or negligent third party.
How you may be at risk
- You are walking through a parking lot when you’re hit by a car. You sustain serious injuries. The driver was uninsured and your medical bills exceed $1 million.
- You are seriously injured as the result of a slip and fall on your neighbor’s property. The neighbor has only $300,000 in liability coverage, well below what you are legally entitled to recover.
- Your vehicle is struck by a car running a red light. You are severely injured as a result of this accident. The driver carries only state minimum liability limits, which is not enough coverage for your extensive medical bills.
How Nationwide Private Client responds
Nationwide Private Client’s excess liability coverage was developed to help protect your assets in the event of an unexpected accident with an uninsured or underinsured party. By adding UL/UIL coverage to Nationwide Private Client excess liability policies, you are protecting yourself from exposure caused by parties who are liable but do not have sufficient means to cover the full extent of damages. Additionally, Nationwide Private Client’s UL/UIL coverage is significantly more extensive than traditional uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, as it extends to circumstances beyond auto accidents, and it applies to other third-party liability, affording you significantly broader coverage.
Why it’s important for you
You are at increased risk given the fact that about 1 in 8 motorists1 carry no insurance at all, and some homeowners choose to lower the limits of liability in their policies to save money.
Nationwide Private Client’s UL/UIL coverage benefits:
- Closes potential gaps in another party’s auto liability and in traditional UM/UIM coverage. If you travel abroad, our UL/UIL is not limited to the U.S., its territories and possessions and Canada.
- Offers up to $5 million limits available.
- Value priced — On average, the annual cost is under $200 for a $1 million limit.
Nationwide Private Client offers these added benefits:
- Specialized claims service: Our team of problem-solvers is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Nationwide, a Fortune 1002 company, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A1 by Moody’s and A+ by both AM Best and Standard & Poor’s.3
- At Nationwide, we strongly believe in being good corporate citizens where we work and live. Since 2000, the Nationwide Foundation has committed more than $588 million to charitable organizations across the U.S.
Why Nationwide Private Client
Your drive to build the life of your dreams inspires us. That’s why we provide crafted coverage and specialized service to keep pace with your changing needs and a rapidly evolving world.
 Based on revenue, Fortune magazine (June 2, 2021).
 These ratings were affirmed 5/27/20 by Moody’s, 12/22/21 by AM Best and 5/7/21 by Standard & Poor’s