We asked buyers about their recent or upcoming auto purchase and received some interesting results. Only a quarter of the car buyers we surveyed thought the current car shopping experience is pain free. Three out of four people told us that negotiating the price is the most stressful part.
See what car buyers are willing to give up to avoid negotiations.
Do you agree with the car buying statistics in the infographic? We’ve reinvented the car experience. Find a seamless approach to finance, find and buy your next car.
The car shopping experience can be stressful.
The most painful parts of the car buying experience?
- Negotiating with a dealer (38%)
- Signing loan paperwork (13%)
- Figuring out what I can afford (11%)
- Negotiation for financing (6%)
Car buyers said shopping for a car was as stressful as:
- Preparing taxes (25%)
- Buying a home (24%)
- Public speaking (21%)
- Jury duty (18%)
…and car buyers want to avoid negotiations.
70% of car buyers would give up at least one of these things for a week to avoid negotiations:
- Social media (42%)
- Dessert (42%)
- Coffee (38%)
- Smartphone (18%)
- Would even give up bathing (8%)
Car buyers are looking for a better way:
- 42% of car buyers want a simple, straightforward car buying process
- 19% of car buyers said they would prefer to shop online
- 89% of car buyers said price is the most important factor
- …yet, only 21% of car buyers said they were extremely likely to seek pre-approved financing on their next car
That’s why we reinvented car buying!
Finance, find and buy your next car with the Nationwide car loan service.
- Get preapproved.
- Use our hassle-free auto shopping service.
- Sign and drive.