Get a Homeowner Insurance Quote

Call 1-877-On Your Side® (1-877-669-6877) Anytime

Find an Agent

Advanced Search Call 1-877-On Your Side®
(1-877-669-6877) Anytime

What does homeowners insurance cover?

Nationwide offers a range of home insurance policies to cover you in the event of theft, water backup, personal injury and other types of losses. We not only cover your home, but also you, your family and your personal belongings. Read more about our homeowners insurance coverage types below and start your homeowners insurance quote today.

Dwelling coverage

This insurance helps protect the structure, built-in appliances and wall-to-wall carpet of your house from damage.

Personal property

Coverage for personal items (clothing, furniture, appliances, computer, etc.) on and off the premises.

Loss of use

Coverage for when an insured has to move out of the home while repairs are made as a result of damage caused by a covered loss.

Replacement cost plus

This coverage can pay an additional amount of your home coverage limit if additional money is needed to rebuild after a loss.

Water backup of sewer

Broadens the coverage for loss due to water backup through sewers or drains.

Valuables Plus®

This insurance provides additional coverage for high-value items such as jewelry, watches, antiques and fine art.

Other structures coverage

This option covers property not attached to your house. This can include a detached garage or a gazebo.

Contents coverage

This protection helps cover your furniture, clothing and other items in your home from covered losses as defined by your policy.

Personal liability

This insurance consists of two parts: bodily injury and property damage. If an accident occurs in your home that damages someone or something, personal liability can help pay for covered damages.

Personal Umbrella Liability Insurance

A personal umbrella policy offers an extra layer of protection for your assets. This includes bodily injury, property damage and personal injury to others for which you are held liable.

Medical payments to others

This coverage may help pay for medical or funeral expenses of someone who is injured on your property.

Ordinance or law insurance

This insurance may help pay to rebuild your house to current building codes after a covered loss.

Flood Insurance

This option protects your house and its contents from flood damages. It is a separate policy with its own deductible.

Earthquake coverage

This insurance provides additional coverage due to earthquake damage. A separate deductible applies.

If you own or are thinking of purchasing a condo, learn about the benefits of our condo insurance. Nationwide also offers reliable car, motorcycle and boat insurance coverage - you could even save when you bundle more than one Nationwide policy.

Share Article