What RV insurance covers depends on the type of policy you select. RV insurance coverage options include liability, collision, comprehensive and more. At Nationwide, we provide a multitude of RV insurance coverages for motorhomes, 5th wheels and travel trailers so customers can get the coverage that’s right for their needs.

Basic RV insurance coverages

Bodily injury liability

If you cause an accident with your RV and someone is injured, this coverage can help pay their medical bills and loss of income. Most states require liability coverage.

Property damage liability

If you cause an accident, this coverage helps pay for damages to another person’s vehicle or property. Most states require liability coverage.


Regardless of who’s at fault, collision pays for damage to your RV or motorhome if you’re in an accident with another vehicle. Collision also covers RV or motorhome rollovers. If you finance or lease your vehicle, collision may be required.


Also known as “other than collision,” this coverage can help pay for non-collision damage to your RV. This includes damage from vandalism, theft, failing objects, fire, storms, floods and certain other natural disasters.

Uninsured motorist

This RV coverage helps protect you against drivers who don’t have liability insurance or lack the money to pay for injuries and damages they cause to you, your passengers or your RV. This coverage may also protect you from covered hit-and-run accidents. Each state has its own uninsured motorist laws. Coverage is subject to policy coverage provisions and limits.

Underinsured motorist

Protect yourself against underinsured drivers. Each state has its own uninsured motorist laws. Coverage is subject to policy coverage provisions and limits.

Medical payments

No matter who’s at fault, med pay can help cover medical bills for you and your passengers if your RV is involved in an accident.

Optional RV insurance coverages

Roadside assistance

Get 24/7 emergency help if you need fuel, a tire change, a jumpstart or a tow.

Roadside Assistance also covers any trip interruption expenses that happen when you’re more than 50 miles away from home.

Towing & labor

Covers towing and labor, as well as trip interruption expenses such as lodging, transportation and meals.

Vacation liability

Provides protection if an accident happens on the premises while the RV is being used as a temporary residence. We’ll provide up to $10,000 in coverage with any pleasure-use RV that has physical damage coverage under both comprehensive and collision coverages.

Safety glass replacement

This coverage will pay to replace the windshield for your RV or motorhome.

Replacement cost and scheduled personal effects

These coverages are provided as primary insurance for both pleasure and full-time RVers. This policy pays before any other policy to limit the need to file a homeowners insurance claim.

On Your Side® Review

Make sure your insurance keeps up with your life and you get all the discounts you deserve.

More about On Your Side® Reviews »

Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which are controlling. Such terms and availability may vary by state and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.