All vehicle insurance
All business insurance
By business type
All investment products
We offer solutions for every type of investor
Quite often, your employees will have different degrees of knowledge and interest in investment management. That's why we encourage you to consider offering options for both “hands off” and “hands on” investors ̶ at no additional expense to you, the plan sponsor.
Discover what style of investing matches your level of risk. Choose a “hands off” option and leave the investing to the professionals, choose a “hands on” option and actively manage your own investments, or choose a mixture of both options.
Professionally managed accounts1
- No minimum account balance is necessary.
- Participants can cancel anytime.
- No additional fee to you. Participants using the service will pay an additional fee from their accounts.
- You’ll have enhanced fiduciary protection. When your employees select this option, the money manager becomes the fiduciary for their investments.
Lifestyle/Target date funds2
In these portfolios, the asset mix is determined according to the level of risk and return that’s appropriate for a participant’s current life situation or target retirement date.
Lifestyle/target date funds are asset allocation funds that are managed based on different levels of risk.
Target date funds are asset allocation funds that are based on the year a participant plans to begin withdrawing money. They’re designed for participants who plan to withdrawal funds during or near a specific year. Like other funds, target date funds are subject to market risk and loss. Loss of principal can occur at any time, including before, at or after the target date. There’s no guarantee that target date funds will provide enough income for retirement.
- Your plan must allow participants to invest in a broad range of investment options, each with different risk and return characteristics.
- You can choose from hundreds of funds, including a select set of Nationwide-branded mutual funds.
- Your plan’s designated funds must be diversified to help minimize the risk of large losses.
- We can connect you with an independent investment fiduciary to help select and monitor the designated funds for your plan.
- Helps reduce fiduciary responsibility for investments participants choose outside of your plan's fund lineup4
- There’s no additional cost to your plan or participants
Nationwide Fund EvaluatorSM
This tool helps your participants select investments based on the criteria that best fit their needs.
Self-directed brokerage account5
- Provides your plan’s sophisticated investors with access to thousands of mutual funds, stocks and bonds from various marketplaces, including NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX
- Lets participants transfer up to 90% of the balance in their plan account to a brokerage account
- While there’s no additional plan cost, participants may pay additional expenses to use this service
Ready to get started?
8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET
8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET
 The plan sponsor, and not Nationwide, selects the registered investment professional used in conjunction with managed accounts. The plan sponsor must determine whether this service is appropriate for participants. Additional fees apply for this service.
 Diversification and asset allocation do not assure a profit or prevent a loss in a down market. Because you are investing indirectly in other funds, you are paying a proportionate share of the applicable expenses of those funds (including management fees) as well as the expenses of the Lifestyle/Target Date Fund. By investing in Lifestyle/Lifecycle funds, you receive asset allocation services that you would not receive by investing in the funds directly. Many of these funds invest primarily in other funds. Because you are investing indirectly in other funds, you are paying a proportionate share of the applicable expenses of those funds (including management fees) as well as the expenses of the Lifestyle/Lifecycle fund.
 These investment options may require investment expertise and/or professional management advice to prudently manage. In addition, some of these investment options may have higher Nationwide asset fees than the designated investment options. Nationwide does not make recommendations or give investment advice.
 Investments that participants choose through Fund Window aren't considered designated investment alternatives. This means that plan fiduciaries don't have the same requirement for prudent selection and monitoring of Fund Window investments as they do for the plan's core fund line-up.
 The self-directed brokerage account available is Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Account® (PCRA), offered through Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), a registered broker dealer not affiliated with Nationwide.
These offerings may not be approved for use by all broker/dealers.
Target Date Funds are designed for people who plan to begin withdrawing money during or near a specific target date, like at retirement. These funds are designed to provide diversification and asset allocation across several types of investments and asset classes, primarily by investing in underlying funds. The Funds offer continuous rebalancing over time to become more conservative as investors approach their planned retirement date. In addition to the expenses of the Target Date Funds, an investor is indirectly paying a proportionate share of the applicable fees and expenses of the underlying funds. The principal value of the fund is not guaranteed at any time, including the target date.