Supplier expectations and considerations
We expect the following from our suppliers:
- Recognition of and respect for diversity
- Communication that is continuous, frequent, open, honest, clear and immediate
- Confidentiality — Nationwide and its suppliers sometimes share confidential information, usually in the form of written documentation. This information shall be used only to successfully complete work for Nationwide. A nondisclosure agreement (NDA) must be executed. Third-party access to this information is unacceptable except upon prior written consent by Nationwide.
- Ethics — As a foundation for trust and good-faith relationships, we hold ourselves accountable to high ethical standards.
- Nationwide Supplier Code of Conduct
What is the Procurement supplier selection process?
To make sure we're working with only the best, our selection process includes a review of:
- Supplier capabilities
- Supplier's ability to agree to Nationwide contractual documents
- Annual and/or financial reports
- D&B/Dun & Bradstreet (or comparable) reports
- Customer and/or supplier references
- Industry publications
- Credit, criminal and civil court records
- Insurance information
- Judgments and other court actions
Entry into the prospective Nationwide supplier database does not ensure that your company will be awarded business from Nationwide or that your company will be contacted.